Pages

All information provided is purely the opinion of the author and should not be considered medical advice.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

TPLO Surgery Morning of day 3

Report from mom:
Well, we all settled down for bed around 9:30. Maddie in her cone and in the giant dog crate. Along 12:00 mom heard barking and went down to make sure she was not in any pain. She had turned around in the crate and was laying there just wagging her tail - wide awake. No evidence of being in pain, just lonely I guess. I went back to bed.

Two hours later I hear a whining sound, so go to check. There she is wagging her tail and wide awake. So I wonder, maybe she has to pee. So I let her out of the crate (cage) and she gets some water and we head out the door. She had mild interest and did pee. Dad came down to check on us and decided to sleep in the lazy boy chair by her. I went back to bed and finally fell asleep. I think with all the drug induced sleeping she has her day and night confused. Hopefully we can get her back on track here soon.

Around 4 am dad comes back to bed reporting that Maddie seemed fine and put her head back down to sleep as he was leaving. We woke up at 6 am to feed her and keep on her medication schedule. She had not barked or whined since the second check or after dad left. She is now snoozing on the floor here in the room with me and still has not tried to mess with the stitches, so no cone right now. I have noticed a bit of swelling and the vet. tech said we could ice it for 10 - 15 minutes one or two times a day, so I may do that soon.

Maddie says: I am so confused as to what day it is! But happy to be HOME!!

No comments: